Hi. Thanks for the help.
1. downloaded php-5.2.17-Win32-VC6-x86 from http://windows.php.net/download/ and unzipped it at c:\PHP
2. set the PATH variable to point to c:\PHP
3. edited the php.ini and installed PHP. It was working fine (without curl)
then I realised I need curl for some application development. While searching on the net, i came to this page and
4. edited the php.ini to remove the ';' on ;extension=php_curl.dll line
5. copied libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from C:\PHP to C:\WINDOWS\system32
6. restarted the IIS
But the curl still doesnt show in phpinfo() I did an additional step of copying the php_curl.dll to C:\WINDOWS\system32 too; but this still didn't work. Hope by 'copy'ing we mean copy and paste (NOT move)
Also, please note there is no file named *curl* under my C:\PHP. Is there something I am missing?