CURL PHP Examples • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

CURL PHP Examples • View topic - Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

CURL PHP Examples • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

CURL PHP Examples • View topic - Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

This CURL PHP Forum is intended for web developers, PHP Programmers, Web Developement companies to achieve better grip on PHP CURL Functions Library usage in Professional filed to write your on Webboots, Spiders, Search Engines, Compare prices tools, Get online products prices from sites, Download images, copy latest news from news sites. Automatically Place banners on sites, download hotmail, Yahoo mails and Ebay products, Calculate online Shipping charges, Process Credit cards and much more.

You will need some general knowledge of client-server protocol on the Internet, and a some basic knowledge of PHP CURL Library functions.

The increasing amount of applications moving to the web has made "HTTP Scripting" more frequently requested and wanted. To be able to automatically extract information from the web, to fake users, to post or upload data to web servers are all important tasks today.

This CURL PHP Forum help a lot for beginners students and PHP professional to write Commercial Applications by using PHP with cURL support.

Moderator: ikramkhalid

Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

Postby der_bartman » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:31 am

Idont currently have a compiler on my machine. The instructions seem to say I must re-compile PHP to support CURL. ButI also see mention that many people download system files instead. Thereis also mention of DLLs for Windows. So I may just have missed it, but is there a way for me to get CURL running without a new compile on my machine? And if so can someone spell it out in fairly simple terms as I am not a guru on all this web stuff. I have managed to install and activate apache along with php with it though and get some scripts working, but I need CURL for my goal it looks like.

If I do need to do the compile - I think the instructions are clear, but does anyone have a recomendation of a free and viable compiler for XP?

Thanks so much!

BartMan
der_bartman

Installation CURL PHP Windows X

Postby imran » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:49 pm

Dear BartMan,

1- Please first download

http://www.php.net/downloads.php
PHP 4.4.0 zip package [6,807Kb] - 11 Jul 2005
http://www.php.net/get/php-4.4.0-Win32. ... m/a/mirror

2- Unzip this folder and you will see

\extensions\
\dlls\

Copy and past these folder on your C:\PHP\

3- In order to enable CURL on a Windows environment, you must copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the DLL folder of the PHP/ binary package to the SYSTEM folder of your Windows machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM) . Please also open you ?php.ini? file . (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM) and
Change the line ?;extension=php_curl.dll?
To this ?extension=php_curl.dll?
(remove only the start semicolon)

4-If cURL support is enabled in PHP, the phpinfo() function will display it in its output as below. You are requested to check it before writing your first simple programme in PHP.
Code: Select all
<?php

phpinfo();

?>

curl
CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.11.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.1.4
Sincerely,

Muhammad Imran Khalid (Software Engineer)
Web: http://imran.phptrack.com
E mail: ikram52@gmail.com
Cell: +92 345 6900444
imran
Site Admin

I tried this and phpinfo returned an error

Postby brpoinde » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:25 am

I followed the steps outlined by imran and received an error from phpinfo.

Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\program files\php\extensions\php_curl.dll' - The operating system cannot run %1.

I am running php4.3.9 and this is the dll and extensions binaries that is what I copied to my php folder. My php directory is loaded under Program Files - that's where the Windows installer installed it.

I modified php.ini to enable curl extension and to locate my extension files. My php.ini is located under c:\windows.

Is the directory path in php.ini case sensitive?
Is there a directory path I need to set to point to the dll folder?

What else am I missing???
brpoinde

curl install

Postby imran » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:55 pm

In order to enable CURL on a Windows environment, you must copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the DLL folder of the PHP/ binary package to the SYSTEM folder of your Windows machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM).

Have you copy the files libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM ?
Sincerely,

imran
Site Admin

Installing CURL on XP - problem solved

Postby brpoinde » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:57 pm

I copied the 2 files to c:\windows\system32 but the file size on ssleay32.dll wasn't correct. I copied it over again and everything works fine.

phpinfo() reported CURL present.
Ran my code and it worked as well.

Thanks for the timely reply.
brpoinde

Curl with php and Apache on Windows

Postby goelectric » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:57 am

I got stuck getting this to work with Apache on Windows. The trick was to check where httpd.conf thinks the php.ini file is located
e.g (PHPIniDir "C:/php) and remember to restart Apache to re-read the changed config.
goelectric

Postby imran » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:53 am

php.ini file is located in your system c:\winnt\ folder.
click Start => Run => php.ini=>ok

after clicking windows "Start", click on "Run" and then type "php.ini" and click ok. this will load file.

2nd way is search file in your system with windows search.
click Start => Search => file,folder=>
Sincerely,

imran
Site Admin

Postby planewalker » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi! I have a Windows Server 2003 and I try to install cURL to it.

I copiend needed dll files to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder and chaged php.ini and restarted apache but cURL is not enabled. I cheacked it by phpinfo function. cURL do not appear to phpinfo.

Did I copied dll to wrong directory.

Other question is how to install SSL support to my server. https is not anapled on server.
planewalker

Postby imran » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:19 pm

do not copy files to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM.

Please copy the files libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\ folder path.

To enable SSL/CURL
Please also open you ?php.ini? file . ( C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\ ) and
Change the line ?;extension=php_curl.dll?
To this ?extension=php_curl.dll?

Change the line ?;extension=php_openssl.dll?
To this ?extension=php_openssl.dll?
Sincerely,

imran
Site Admin

Re: Can I install CURL on XP without a recompileand if so how?

Postby bindzus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:39 am

I am using Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.2.5 (x64) on Windows Vista and all I had to do was to enable the extension php_curl.dll in php.ini and then copy the libcurl.dll from the PHP program folder to C:\Windows\System32 and restart the Apache server, then Curl was registered and displayed when using phpinfo().
bindzus

Postby Anuja » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 am

Hi. Thanks for the help.
I have
1. downloaded php-5.2.17-Win32-VC6-x86 from http://windows.php.net/download/ and unzipped it at c:\PHP
2. set the PATH variable to point to c:\PHP
3. edited the php.ini and installed PHP. It was working fine (without curl)
then I realised I need curl for some application development. While searching on the net, i came to this page and
4. edited the php.ini to remove the ';' on ;extension=php_curl.dll line
5. copied libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from C:\PHP to C:\WINDOWS\system32
6. restarted the IIS

But the curl still doesnt show in phpinfo() I did an additional step of copying the php_curl.dll to C:\WINDOWS\system32 too; but this still didn't work. Hope by 'copy'ing we mean copy and paste (NOT move)
Also, please note there is no file named *curl* under my C:\PHP. Is there something I am missing?
Please help :)
Anuja

Postby imran » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:12 pm

you can install php from flowing link

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

and then you can enable the curl in php.ini file.
Sincerely,

imran
Site Admin

Postby Anuja » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for the solution, Imran.
But I don't want Apache, Filezilla etc which are part of the XAMPP pack.
Is there any alternative? Anything wrong with the steps I mentioned?
Anuja

Postby cclatha » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 pm

I have literally followed these things but still I'm getting the error.

1) Downloaded 'php-5.3.13-nts-Win32-VC9-x86' and renamed to 'php' and put it in 'C:\php'
2) And set the windows path to 'c:\php'
3) Copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from 'C:\php' to 'C:\Windows\System32'
4) Changed the following in php.ini which exits in my Tomcat(as a part of PHP JavaBridge.war works without my PHP'curl' functions)
extension=php_curl.dll
extension_dir ="C:\php\ext"
5) Start Tomcat
6) PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\ext\php_curl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

I'm having very hard time with it. Please help me out. Please let me know if I did anything wrong on PHP installation process. Thanks!!
cclatha

Return to CURL PHP Forum